Happy Software Freedom Day to everyone all around the globe.
I'll be boosting posts tagged #SFD2026. So, please share messages,
schedules, photos or videos about your events. I'll also be posting
highlights to https://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/34921.html If you want to
get the news out about anything or share links, please let me know and
I can add it to the highlights page or post on the DFF social media
feeds.
If you can't find a Software Freedom Day event in your area, check for
virtual events at:
https://digitalfreedoms.org/en/sfd/archive?view=list I'll be hosting
one tomorrow at
10:00 AM Eastern (2 PM GMT) and one at 1:30 PM Eastern (6:30 PM GMT).
Join the #SoftwareFreedomDay channel on Matrix if you want to chat
about Software Freedom Day.
Here's a link to the Digital Freedom Foundation's opening talk for
Software Freedom Day 2026:
https://videos.trom.tf/w/n49Fx8zyrFWsmRHUp3FVav
Feel free to share it at your SFD celebrations.
Have a great celebration and let us know how it goes.
Hey all,
2 days ago, someone mentioned that the registration form on the website
wasn't working all that well. We looked into it, and I'm glad to say the
site is up again. So if you're organising Software Freedom Day this
year, do'nt hesitate to register your event. If you tried in the past
and got stuck on the registration form not sending you any mails, or you
couldn't create the event once logged in... these are all fixed now.
The main cause was a combination of DNS and mail server setup, causing
mails not going out.
Looking forward to see all your events appear on our map soon!
Just visit https://digitalfreedoms.org and do your thing :)
Jurgen
Software Freedom Day 2026 is only two weeks away.
If you're holding a virtual event or a hybrid event or are recording
parts of your event, please let me know. I want to get the word out
for people who can't participate locally this year that there are
still ways for them to join in on celebrating.
If you're looking for an event in your area, please see the official list at:
https://digitalfreedoms.org/en/sfd/archive?view=list
If you're hosting an event or know of someone who is and the event
isn't yet listed at the DFF site, please let us know. We'd love to
see more events added.
While I'm waiting to get my access to the DFF blog reinstated, I'll be
posting #SFD2026 highlights here:
https://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org/34921.html
I will probably keep it at that URL until after the official SFD
celebration because it's easier to update. I'll move the post to the
official DFF blog after.
If there's anything you wanted added to this year's highlights post,
please let me know. Do you have videos, pictures, event schedules or
information you'd like to share? Send me the links.
Feel free to contact me by email or the #SoftwareFreedomDay channel on
matrix up to and throughout Software Freedom Day if you want to share
any news, information, videos or URL links about your events. If you
need any help getting the word out about your particular celebration
before the 19th, feel free to send me information or links to share on
the DFF social media accounts. I'd also be happy to post when events
start and how to join in on the 19th if anyone wants that shared on
the DFF social media.
Hope you all have an enjoyable and rewarding Software Freedom Day 2026.