Rendering math in Wikipedia
Dear fellow Dillo users, When math equations are rendered in Wikipedia, they seem to render three times. For example, in the attached screenshot, it says "p i", then the markdown "{\displaystyle p^{i}}", and then the image. I see that SVG support for Wikipedia math formulas was added in 2025, so I wonder if this is a known issue with a workaround. Any advice would be appreciated! Ethan
Hi, On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 06:53:50PM +0000, Ethan James Sue wrote:
Dear fellow Dillo users,
When math equations are rendered in Wikipedia, they seem to render three times. For example, in the attached screenshot, it says "p i", then the markdown "{\displaystyle p^{i}}", and then the image. I see that SVG support for Wikipedia math formulas was added in 2025, so I wonder if this is a known issue with a workaround.
Yes, is a known issue.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Try this CSS rule to hide the MathML and LaTeX output: echo '.mwe-math-mathml-a11y { display: none !important; }' >> ~/.dillo/style.css Best, Rodrigo.
Thank you very much, works perfectly! ________________________________ From: Rodrigo Arias <rodarima@gmail.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2026 5:02 PM To: Dillo development <dillo-dev@mailman3.com> Subject: [Dillo-dev] Re: Rendering math in Wikipedia Attention : courriel externe | external email Hi, On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 06:53:50PM +0000, Ethan James Sue wrote:
Dear fellow Dillo users,
When math equations are rendered in Wikipedia, they seem to render three times. For example, in the attached screenshot, it says "p i", then the markdown "{\displaystyle p^{i}}", and then the image. I see that SVG support for Wikipedia math formulas was added in 2025, so I wonder if this is a known issue with a workaround.
Yes, is a known issue.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Try this CSS rule to hide the MathML and LaTeX output: echo '.mwe-math-mathml-a11y { display: none !important; }' >> ~/.dillo/style.css Best, Rodrigo. _______________________________________________ Dillo-dev mailing list -- dillo-dev@mailman3.com To unsubscribe send an email to dillo-dev-leave@mailman3.com
participants (2)
-
Ethan James Sue -
Rodrigo Arias